Oakview is fortunate to have a very active PTA. We consistently achieve 100% membership, and each year thousands of volunteer hours are logged in service to the school.
With more than a dozen programs geared to impact our students, school, and community, there are a variety of opportunities for parents and family members to get involved in the Oakview community.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of the children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Please visit the SC PTA website for more information about PTA at scpta.org.
What We've Achieved
2016-2017 Membership Recognition Award
Top 10 Membership Award (Highest Percentage of Members - 111% Membership
Top 10 by Member Count with 1,092 members
100% Faculty Membership by Sept. 1, 2016
Increase in Membership Percentage From 2015-2016
Awards of Excellence
Oak-Leaf Exceeding the Standards Award - Excellent Level
Palmetto Award - Platinum Level
Award of Excellence in Communications - Elementary
Outstanding Local Unit of the Year
Award of Excellence in Enrichment Programs - Elementary School Finalist
Award of a Excellence in Membership Promotion - Elementary School Finalist